Tuesday, August 2, 2016

5k a day -- Day 17

This evening sucked.  My life can be stressful, as I'm sure yours can be.  Somehow I made it out the door for a run, in a pissy mood, which is an understatement.  Sometimes life is just so stressful, overwhelming, frustrating, and disappointing that a run is awesome, cause you can cry while you run and people think it's just the sweat on your face.

I, however, was running in the dark, and my city is poorly lit with lots of trees.  Which means less than a mile in I tripped on uneven sidewalk and managed to eat asphalt.

Sunburned legs + Road rash = ow.

I walked some.  I ran some.  Maybe like half and half for the first two miles?  Or more running than walking?  I dunno.  By mile 3 my leg was throbbing.  I dunno, but I did it.  That's all I've got, folks.

The 5k:

5k in 47:33
15:21 min/mile average pace
Splits:  14:41/13:18/17:25/21:54

The Workout:

72 squats
105 seconds plank
26 modified push ups

No comments:

Post a Comment