Monday, July 25, 2016

5k a day -- Day 11

Walked with Paul tonight. Sometimes it seems like a cop out to do my 5k as a walk, but then I remember:
A) it's 5k a day, and that's the only guideline
B) my boards are Thursday, so having a quiet time to talk is very relaxing for me 
C) it also gives me the excuse to have a "date" with Paul, since all I've been doing is studying lately. 

We made it a point to walk to the other side of the neighborhood tonight. We just moved here in June, so there's a lot we haven't explored yet. 

What did I learn about the other side of the area? There's pot everywhere. Seriously we must have smelled it 6 different times in a half mile. 

I made it a point to take our walking path by where I met marshmallow last night, and there he was! He literally galloped across a yard to come get petted, and ate up all the attention Paul willingly gave him. We were able to see the house he hung out at, and that they had water bowls out for him and his little scaredy cat of a buddy we're calling Oreo. 

So our splits were affected by crossing a major road twice, and stopping to play with a kitty. 

The 5k:

5k in 1:09:51
22:28 min/mile average pace
Splits: 22:20/22:41/22:27/21:21

The Workout:

60 squats
75 seconds plank
20 modified push ups

I'm posting this from mobile so I'll update the layout and tags tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment