Monday, July 18, 2016

5k a day -- Day 4

Last night's blissful and much needed sleep was broken by quite the storm.  Freakout out my cat, woke me up for an hour, and wreaked (wrought?) havoc on trees and power lines in the area.

Paul told me to skip my run this morning and he'd walk with me tonight, and after the crazy night, I was happy to agree.  Too bad one of his machines at work decided to malfunction and he (as of 9:30pm) was still at work.  So I took a walk this evening, alone.

I was the only one who wasn't walking their:
a)  freaking adorable baby
b)  freaking adorable dog
c)  newly acquired Pokémon via Pokémon go
d)  a combination of the above

In between bouts of cursing him in my head (I mean, come on, my uterus is pinging here watching all this and he left me to do it alone when I could have had a nice cool run in the dark this morning?!?) I was dodging cables, branches, twigs, and half-trees that were on the ground.


Okay, so maybe it's a good thing I didn't try to run in the wee hours and end up tripping over electrical obstacles.  As it was, I enjoyed the stroll and spent time alternating avoiding and inspecting the damage, and had a nice, relaxing walk.

Except for some family down the street that decided their pitbull doesn't need to be on a leash.

( . . . )

Anyhow.

The Walk:

5k in 1:06:56
21:33 min/mile average pace
Splits:  21:45/21:55/20:50/22:33 

And the Workout:

46 squats
40 seconds plank
13 modified push ups

Today also gave me a chance to compare the distance calculated by my fitbit to my GPS.  When my GPS hit 3.1, my fitbit was at 2.9something.  I guess I'll have to calibrate stride length.


No comments:

Post a Comment