Wednesday, July 27, 2016

5k a day -- Day 13

Gonna be a short post today.  In less than 12 hours I'll be knee-deep in the last hurdle between me and being a doctor.

Got to my hotel today (I find it important to have a quiet, controlled, cleaned-for-you environment before these things) and studied a bit.  Then headed down to their gym for my 5k.  They have two treadmills, one elliptical, and and a stationary bike.  The first treadmill was taken by some lady walking, so I hopped on the other treadmill.  It was out of order.  So I hopped on the treadmill.  Not only was it adjusted for a very tall person, but the resistance was broken on it.  So, stationary bike it was.

I felt guilty knowing I was biking and not walking/running the 5k, and I knew I'd be done a lot faster than usual, so I bumped the resistance up to 10 and made sure I'd be working hard for the whole time.   I have to say, my legs and butt definitely felt it, even more than when doing my squats.

iPhone apps are not handling the iOS 10 beta well, so I'm in the process of rolling back to iOS 9 for now . . . unfortunately, until that's done, MayMyRun is still no-go.

The 5k:

Not even gonna list times/splits, cause it's not fair.

Look, you can even see my practice questions, courtesy of Combank

The Workout:

64 squats (my knees are killing me today)
85 seconds plank
22 modified push ups

No comments:

Post a Comment